Sunday, March 13, 2011

ACME Cafe


To me the word ACME is synonymous with faulty merchandise; such is not the case with ACME café. Upon entering the establishment you feel a sense of comfort. The white walls and dark beams create a simple but calm ambience with a hint of a fifties diner. ACME has quickly become known for its pies, and seeing the freshly made desserts will overwhelm your sweet tooth. As you walk to your table make you want to skip the main course and just jump into dessert.

The menu is simple but, dynamic offering many classic dishes from bacon & eggs to chicken clubhouse and meat loaf. The restaurant doesn’t have a flat top grill or a deep fryer, so don’t expect a burger and fries.

I went at breakfast, and once the waitress mentioned the word waffles I was sold, but I let her finish explaining the special of the day. The waffles come topped with bananas and a drunken syrup which is cooked with bourbon and comes with side of sausages.

One of my friends ordered the bacon and eggs and my other friend ordered Toast a la Aunt Sue which is toast topped with jam and swiss cheese. Both sounded pretty good, but I felt comfortable with my decision.



Once the waffles hit the table I knew for a fact it was the right choice. The glaze on the waffles was as shiny as the glaze over my eyes.

The waffles were cooked perfectly; fluffy on the inside with a nice crunch on the outside. The syrup and bananas were sweet but the bourbon pulled the sweetness back a bit with a nice kick. Matching bites of waffles with bites of the sausage (which were pretty standard) gave me a warm feeling, like the combo was giving my stomach a big hug.

The prices were pretty standard with options under $10.

You can follow ACME café on Twitter
And visit their website for more info.

Definitely worth a taste!

2 comments:

  1. Been meaning to try Acme out for a while - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The breakfast croissant is possibly the best $6 breakfast in the city.

    ReplyDelete